What are our recommendations?
For your security and self-protection
Relating to codes and passwords
- Your username, password, card pin no., signature, etc. are personal and non-transferable and therefore you must not disclose them to anyone, in any circumstances.
- Periodically change your password, especially when you are suspicious or doubtful of their confidentiality.
- Do not use the same key words and codes online, or use user-linked codes (names of family members, pets, dates of birth, telephone numbers, etc.).
- Avoiding using your codes at terminals for public use (internet cafés, airports, etc...).
Relating to protecting your equipment
- It is essential to protect your equipment, and therefore you must have an operating system that is correctly updated with the latest security patches and upgrades recommended by the manufacturer.
- Install an antivirus software on your equipment and keep it permanently updated so as to prevent it being affected by viruses or malicious programs.
- Install a personal firewall before going online and always keep it updated.
- Carry out a regular check of activity records ('log' files) which these tools generate, in search of abnormalities or uncommon events.
- Deactivate the automatic code storage functions in 'cache' memory.
- Periodically remove cookies and temporary files.
- Make a back-up copy of your equipment files fairly frequently.
Relating to browsing
- Only browse known websites which you feel you can trust. You must be careful when visiting unknown websites, particularly if you are invited to download files and programs.
- Do not open e-mail messages if you have any doubt about their origin, those have substantial spelling mistakes or if they simply contain meaningless or unexpected headings.
- Do not use links included in e-mails or websites belonging to others.
Is Online Banking secure?
Operate with complete peace of mind.
New security certificate on our transaction and public website.
From now on, users accessing targobank.es will find that the navigation bar includes a security padlock.
This new security system will help visually identify the identity or otherwise of the website. It will help our customers to detect any of the cases of phishing that may affect them.
Periodically, massive indiscriminate dispatches of e-mails are detected, sent from false e-mail addresses, with the sole purpose of obtaining confidential information from customers. This method is known as Phishing.
- Personal Codes
With the Remote Banking contract, a set of 3 unique and non-transferable codes is provided: Numerical user number, Connection alias (optional) and a provisional password.
Because of all this and for your security, you should never give your codes to anyone who asks for them on the telephone, by e-mail, personally or by any other means, even though they may say they are asking for them on behalf of the bank, since we will never ask for your codes other than on the Online Banking identification page or the Contigo24 recognition system on the telephone. Remember that we will never ask you for the 3 codes together. Also, it is useful if your browser has the "keep password" option deactivated.
- Transmission of information
Transmissions of information between your computer and the TARGOBANK Web server are made by means of the SSL encryption protocol of 256 bits, the maximum encryption currently in existence.
- Secure Web area
In order to check that you are on secure websites, the website address should begin with https://.... Also, at the bottom of the screen a "locked padlock" or a "key" should appear. Our Online Banking service is in a secure Web area.
- Security certificate
The certificate issued by the company Keynectis guarantees the security of our system.
If, when you access the service, your browser does not recognize our certificate, it will tell you that it has expired, and so you should update it on your computer by double clicking on the "padlock" that appears at the bottom of the screen, and press "Install certificate".
- Disconnection from the service
In order to close the connections with the secure website without any user being able to access them without identifying themselves, it is advisable to use the "Log out" button in the top right-hand corner of the Online Banking service.
How do we protect our online purchases?
Protect your cards from virtual fraud
TARGOBANK offers you the chance to increase security in your online purchases.
Through our Online Banking service, "Personal data" section, you can notify us at any time of a mobile telephone number, where you will receive a message with a unique validation code for each payment operation that you make with your TARGOBANK Visa and MasterCard cards in those online stores with reinforced authentication. In this way, you will make sure that nobody else can use your card to pay online, and also ensure that it is your Bank that informs you of a payment made and that is waiting to be validated.
What does "to make a card secure" mean?
It means to link your Visa y MasterCard cards to your telephone number where you will receive a unique validation code for each purchase made online.
What advantages does paying online with "secured" cards have?
By entering a password generated and sent at the time of payment, the purchaser's identity is also guaranteed.
How are online purchases paid?
These are the main stages for paying for an online purchase:
- The purchaser places an order on the seller's website (virtual store).
- Through a website provided by the seller's bank, you are asked for the number and expiry date of your credit or debit card.
- If you "secure" the card, you will also be asked to enter on a screen the validation code that TARGOBANK will send to the telephone number notified and used exclusively for validating operations, online purchases, etc.
Don't forget to check before making your purchase that the seller's website has the SSL security protocol that guarantees the integrity and confidentiality of the information provided. There also appear on it the name of the store, as well as the reference number and amount of the order. In this way, you can check that what you have requested on the store's website relates to what will be displayed on the bank's website.
How to "secure" your card?
These are the main stages to "secure" your card:
- Go to Contigo24 online, identify yourself with your Username and password.
- Select from the menu "Customize" the option "Personal details" and notify us directly of your telephone numbers and/or your e-mail address.
- You will then be sent by post to your address a confirmation code of your personal data registered on Contigo24 online. If you wish, you can also notify the manager of your TARGOBANK branch directly of the telephone number to receive your validation codes.
Which cards can be "secured"?
Any Visa or MasterCard card authorized by TARGOBANK.